Living the dream
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BirkyDucks

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2015 :  12:57:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Igot back here on Friday last and I was surprised to see the grass on my front yard I have not seen that since Christmas it was a welcome sight . I made my business with the real estate agent for my house in Abington and has a warm fuzzy about the whole thing so if the bank plays ball Ill be emancipated from the deep abyss of debt . On my way back I stopped at roadside America along rt 78 in Sharelsville just past Cabellas Iwould recommend it to anybody going by it was realy kool . It is a small scale model of many different time periods and difrent towns and areas repleat with trains and trollys . Yesterday I helped stock Penns creek we started up at Spring Mills and ended down by Paul Weamers house just above Coburn we put in 2600 rainbows and palominos at 20 stops that averages about 130 fish per stop . I was concerned that there was still about a mile of creek left before you reach the special regs area were elk creek enters Penns . I know a lot of people that fish down thru there especialy on opening day but they will be fishing unstocked waters and now not as many of the rainbows will be in the special regs area wich is 2 fish per day under 10 " so that means all the wild browns up to 10" can end up on somebodys stringer I would rather them to take these stocked rainbows . A lot of flyfishing fanatics are anti stocking to each there own but if you want to catch rainbows in PA they have to be stocked unless of course you fish the upper d or the Falling Springs in Chambersburg . I ran into an old club ICON over the weekend sorry Sam it was not you . It was nonother than Don Duppel he was at the Feathered hook with Rocketman Jonas was having some kind of after remodling party it looks realy nice but even with the added space he still is not carrying any flytying materials . Don and Rocketman met me at the Millheim fire co. were we had a buffet dinner it was amish style you know eat like you are going to the electric chair type feeding I thought it was good and my landlord was one of the hostess's. Iintroduced them to him and everybody was real nice I know why they have these dinners at firehouses cause when guys like me are fedding and digging into the profit margin they can turn the hoses on me to get rid of me ha ha . Any way I have been zeroed in on some of the lingo up here in central PA. for instance Mema is a motherinlaw Pap is Granddad , sower means youre angry or disappointed ,salty means a lot of bucks or too high . For instance ,"My Memaw wanted to buy this sweater formy Pap it was too salty so she got real sower . Translation my mother in law wanted to buy this sweater for my granddad but it costs too much so she got mad . Any way I am over here in town to put in a large bead order to ripped lips Ihave to load up my debit card and then I call it in ripped lips has the best prices on tugsten beads so I called them and they are sold out of most sizes . Just for ****s a giggels I called Flyfishers paridise and they have lots of beads in different sizes and they are 5.50 per 40 beads so thas 11 bucks for 80 ripped lips are 14 for 100 1/8" 17for5/32" so flyfishers are acyualy cheaper they do not have silver but they have lots of copper and gold colors . TCO is having a hook sale on there brand hooks wich coincide with tiemco 2.50 per 25 buy 4 and get 4th box free . I am trying to start a small flytying business nothing big just to make a little extra money so I have been calling around to some sign companys some are a might salty . So if anyone knows a reasonable sign place let me know I want something like a realestate sign directing them to my place with my address and phone # let me know . The creeks look mighty inviting logan branch is right outside here across the parking lot and it has that milky limestone color and is runnigpretty high but I would love to dead drift a nice sculpin fly thru it I did not get my license yet so it will have to wait for another day hope to see some of you guys this spring it was great to see you all at flytying night till then see yins later .

Kallenbach

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2017 :  02:02:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great Birky, really sounds like you're livin' the dream.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Main Line Fly-Tyers Forum © Main Line Fly-Tyers Go To Top Of Page